Cornerstone Assets were commissioned to review the sites owned by the Council in Ampthill and Flitwick, including Houghton Lodge, to explore options to use these assets to:
- improve customer service and reduce operational costs;
- deliver older peoples housing, to contain adult social care costs and reduce under-occupation of family housing;
- deliver housing and/or other development to meet local needs;
- generate capital and revenue income such that the development is self-financing and/or generates additional surplus funds, and
- facilitate place shaping, particularly in Flitwick
Our work included a desk-top review of property and policy information; engagement with key property, regeneration and service officers; site visits and high level structured analysis’ programme level development viability modelling; and the formulation of strategic options for the Council.